2013/01/03

Samsung Galaxy Screen is Broken, How to Recover Data

Recourse 1:
I have a samsung galaxy s2 with a broken screen Crying.I need to recover the data from it mostly contacts, photos and videos.My USB port is not working properly as well as the phone never gets detected.I dont have an insurance and cannot buy another screen as its very costly.I have tried all possible ways to recover the data when I try to connect through Kies it says Phone is locked.And the device is getting detected as Samsung Mobile USB Modem.Please guys help me out to recover my data.

Recourse 2:
I have been pulling out my hair on this trying to get a fix, and it seems that every time I get close....I hit a huge wall that stops me dead in my tracks. My screen was broken recently, I received my replacement promptly.  However, I forgot that for about two weeks all of the pictures, video, and files were saved to my phone.  I saved them to the phone because my SD card was full of music etc. SO.... I have downloaded Android AVD and from what I understand, by connecting the USB there should be some way that I can see my screen on my computer since I am not able to view it on the actual phone because of the damage.  I also tried Power Data Recovery tool and it doesn't recognize that my device is plugged into the computer.  When I go to my computer I see SGH-T9999 but when I click it, the folder is empty.


Recently, I received the above two similar problem on how to recover samsung galaxy if the screen is broken for help. So, I think it is very necessary to shared how I deal with this kind of situation when I met.

First, let's find out what caused data loss in samsung galaxy.
There are tons of reasons leads to your Samsung Galaxy data loss; here I pick out some main reasons to see if you have ever met them before.
* The USB disconnected accidentally when you are transferring data from your Samsung Galaxy to PC.
* The sudden power off of the machines when you are using them. This may lead to data loss, too.
* The virus infection. If your PC is infected by virus, you may lose your data, when you connect your Samsung Galaxy to it, you may also lose the data because of the virus.

According to the second reason above, we can learn why break Samsung screen will result in data loss. Next, we need to find out how to restore samsung galaxy. When a file is deleted, the reference to where the data is located is removed, but the data is still written on the disk. A data recovery service/software can examine the whole disk and identify all data on the disk to include that which has no reference in allocation tables. I had tested several softwares, and found Tenorshare is the most ideal. Here I will show how to use this software to recover data with 4 steps.
Step A. Download Tenorshare from
http://www.any-data-recovery.com/product/photo-recovery.htm and install on your computer.
Step B. Connect your Samsung Galaxy with the computer. Open the installed software.
Step C. Select the way you need to recover data.
Step D. Scan you samsung galaxy phone, then choose the photos you need, click "Recover".

Warning: Don't save the recovered data on your Samsung Galaxy again. Find another place for it like on your computer or other external disk, for safety's sake.

In addition to recover deleted photos from samsung galaxy, this data recovery software also can recover files formatted or lost due to other reasons from various mobile phones, USB drives, external hard drives, iPhone, personal computers and more. It's really a wonderful recovery software for your data's retrieval.

17 comments:

  1. This isn't helpful if your screen is broken. My screen doesn't turn on at all. So I can't tell it to connect to a computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Needn't turn on your screen, a card reader can help you.

      Delete
    2. What is card reader? My screen is broken and black, and when i connetct it to the computer, the computer says it doesn't recognise the USB. What to do? :)

      Delete
  2. I can't see a thing on my screen it's black. How do i get my videos and pics to tranfer on to my pc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black screen on Samsung doesn't affect transfer pictures and videos from phone to computer via data wire or card reader. If you lost data due to black screen, the way mentioned in the article could help.

      Delete
  3. if you have a replacement plan wait until you get the new replacement, then remove the back panel on both devices (few screws need to be removed), disconnect the display on the broken unit and connect the display of the new unit to the broken unit. this will allow you to log in and do what you need to do [backup, reset, etc.] before you have to return your old broken device.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been looking all morning, first time I've seen anyone suggest this. This might be the only way I could get my pics off, as I never installed an SD card of my own in the phone that I could simply pull out and pop into a reader (I almost wanna say "DUH I would have done that already if I could!" as people keep saying that, but I don't want to sound ungrateful for any attempted help). I imagine I could simply check youtube for a video on how to do this, yeah? It's going to be over a week before my (out of stock) replacement is sent to me, so that gives me time to practice...

      Delete
  4. Nice post with great details. I really appreciate your info. Thanks for sharing. samsung

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was able to recover all my photos on my galaxy s2 even though my phone wouldnt turn on. Great blog, you are my phone hero!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you tell me which method you used? My screen is cracked and phone will not turn on. I really need to retrieve my pictures and of course did not use a SD card! Thanks!

      Delete
  6. My situation is the same as item 1. The screen is broken so nothing displays. It is also password locked so when connected to my PC or Kris Software I cannot get in even though the device shows in the explorer tree. I tried the photo recovery software mentioned above but the S2 is not on the list of drives shown. How can I bypass the password and get access to the S2 to copy its data to my PC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I NEED HELP!!! My Samsung galaxy S2 is very broken. It has a smashed screen and one corner is split open (the bottom corner underneath the power button) causing some separation top from bottom and am unable to push the two back together. The battery actually split so I brought a replacement battery but since the battery wont sit flush in battery compartment it's not charging at least after a while of trying to charge anyways it still wont turn on!!!! Need my contacts music and most of all fotos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Based on your description, I think you need professional recovery service, beacause you can't operate on the phoen any more. Recovery software just work when you can operate on the phone at the same time,.sorry!

      Delete
  8. My Samsung Galaxy S2 is very broken and I need data- mostly fotos!!! The screen is smashed the bottom corner under the power button is actually slightly separated a little and I'm unable to push it back together. The battery split so I brought a replacement one but it wont sit flush in the battery compartment so when I tried to turn it on there's still nothing.So I cant even try hooking it up to the laptop! What can I do???

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you phone have run Android 4.0 or newer OS, you can't see this option, you just enable USB debugging and make the phone on MTP setting! Then, I think this software can recognize your phone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was kinda... useless. How could it possibly help retrieve data from a locked and smashed phone? It won't connect properly. I wish there was a way I could just use explorer to browse the files. Anybody has a suggestion for that??

    ReplyDelete