2013/04/09

Samsung Galaxy Camera Failed-How to Fix Camera Failed Error on Samsung Galaxy

Samsung galaxy camera failed error on S3
Black screen and says warning camera failed when I turn the samsung galaxy camera. Camera failed. Starting camera, nothing happens, freeze. No help from several reboot or several factory data reset or just from several reset. Still gives error message (like you see on picture). Any other recommendations how to fix this error?

Generally speaking, one of the four ways below could solve the Samsung galaxy s camera failed error.


Way one
The taking photos are stored in the memory card, maybe something wrong happen on the storage, so try to format memory card.
Please Note: formatting memory card will cause data loss, before you do that, please backup important files. Don’t panics if you forgot to make a backup, Tenorshare Photo Recovery is the simple way help to recover lost data.

Way two
The old firmware on your current phone may have bugs, and then just need to update your phone to new firmware to see if it can help samsung galaxy s3 camera failed

Way three
Disable the Location option in your Samsung Galaxy.

Way four
Factory reset is the all purpose way to solve phone software problem.

Fix samsung galaxy camera failed error unsuccessful with four ways above?  Here is a method as most people have had success with it.
Step 1 Go into Settings, and choose Applications.

Step 2 Choose Running Services from the Applications menu.

Step 3 Press the Menu key to show the option Show cached processes when shown the list of Running services, select Show cached processes.

Step 4 Scrolling through the list of cached processes look for the Camera app and select it.

Step 5 You will have the option to Stop it when you select the Camera process.  Choosing Stop should successfully release the camera hardware.


Return to your home screen after stopping the cached camera process and try relaunching the camera program or whatever other program you were trying to run when you ran into the “Camera Failed” error message.

In my experience this methods have been as good and many times for camera failed samsung galaxy s error. Not only work on S3, but also work for samsung galaxy s2 camera failed and more Samsung galaxy versions.

Any question about Samsung Galaxy recovery? Please leave your comments!

31 comments:

  1. I was told by samsung themselves to power off the phone. go into the recovery mode and go down to "clear cache partition" (it doesnt remove any data). after youve done that just reboot the phone.

    it works but unfortunately not for long...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My camera for the Samsung galaxy s2 is wet how do i fix that?




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to uplug the battery from the phone directly, and clean the phone with dry towel. Then you can try to put the phone and battery to the raw rice and popcorn to make the water is absorded.

      Delete
  3. thank you very much! i followed your way to find the app that made my camera to fail and eliminated it. works fine now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. security policy restricts use of camera on my sansung galaxy s2.
    What can I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some apps in your phone aren't compatible with your phone or the stock camera app, you can check and uninstall them. Besides, you can back uo your phone data firstly, and then do a factory restting for your phone, if it doesn't work, you have to ask official service of Samsung for help!

      Delete
  5. I tried the procedure you mentioned above...In my galaxy s2 while trying to capture camera by the rear camera it is still showing unknown error occurred.I tried to wipe out the cache from the recovery mode but I could not reach up to recovery mode when I hold the power button for long time it is the same as pressing one time.

    Is my camera hardware damaged?
    Or it's like a solvable software issue ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try to flash another rom to check whether there is something wrong with the software. If this trouble still happen in new rom, I am afraid that the hardware has error. I have a Sony Ericsson phone before, and its camera also had similar problem, and finally, I found that the camera was loosed, which mean that it can't touch the mother-board of the phone well. So, you can try to ask professional phone repair service for help!

      Delete
  6. I have a samsung galaxy admire my camera wont open its saying ''camera failed" i allready restarted my fone i lost all my apps ,and contacts please help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Em....Maybe the Tenorshare Android data recovery software can help you recover photos from your Samsung phone, but those lost apps, you can check in Google play, there are some records about your purchased and dowdloaed apps, you may get back there!

      Delete
  7. I have Samsung Galaxy S2 ..it's camera failed error ..I tried all your ways , yet the problem persists .
    The flashlight is functioning well ..but both cameras [ main and front ] failed to function .
    Is this software problem , if both camera fails ?
    Else do I need to take it to servicing to get its hardware fixed ?
    Kindly help , thanks in advance !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! If you have tried all the way in my post but the camera still cannot work. I think you can flash another rom or restore the stock rom. It is hard to say the problems are about hardware or software.If you have tried all the software methord, I think there exactly is something wrong with the hardware.

      Delete
  8. can you help me? i'm using samsung galaxy camera EK-GC100, i've followed your information but still not working

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry, I am afraid that this way just work for Samsung Galaxy phone, Samsung Galaxy camera is more complex, in my opinoin, you had better ask official service for help!

      Delete
  9. My camera is not working i think is because last time i use too much flash light torch..then when i wanna use camera it says camera failed..so what do i do?

    ReplyDelete
  10. My camera is not working i think it is because last time i use too much flash light torch..then when i wanna use camera it says camera failed..so what to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! You can try to fix your problem in software ways, try the ways in my post. I think you can clean the camera data in Setting>application>clean data, I ever faced such as situation, and finally I need to do a fatory resetting. If software ways can't help you, you need to check whether there are some problems in hardware, as you said you use the flash light too much, it may cause hardware hurt, so you can send your phone to professional phone repair service, Good luck!

      Delete
  11. I had the same problem. My phone fell while taking out picture a mnt after I bought it . I factory reset,non. I did the application force stop non. I eventually open my phone took out the camera and put it back in. Its working find better than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Switch off your phone>Press and hold Power button+Up volume button+Menu button. Wait till screen flashes two times logo of samsung. then release>wipe all data(use your up and down volume key to navigate and menu to select) and reboot>ENJOY.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi I have note 3. Camara are not working. It say "Warning Camera failed" Why? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, you can try to reset your phone(backup your imoportant data firstly). You said the phone camera are just not working, maybe you can tell me more details.

      Delete
  14. My camera on my samsung galaxy fame is just coming up black and won't work in any apps can you help??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try reinstall the OS with Kies!!

      Delete
  15. Hi I have a Samsung galaxy 2 phone yes I do have a camera fail error. Tried rebooting; tried methos above; tried clearing everything off phone and reloaded some apps like Facebook and installed a new camera app and now says can't connect to camera. The stock camera was working great up to a week ago! Never had a problem. What can I possibly do? I enjoy using the camera on my phone as an alternative to not have to carry a camera also.

    ReplyDelete
  16. my mobile samsung grand my mobile contact all missing befor i was factory restore pls how can get my contact numbers

    ReplyDelete
  17. factory reset is the last option i do. and my camera is now working.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi. I have the same problem with everyone. My front camera started to have the camera fail error popping up. Rear camera is working fine but when you switch it to the front camera, it started to have the error. I tried the solutions mentioned above (cleared camera cache, factory reset, rebooted the phone, I even flashed it with the 4.1.2 official ROM with ODIN) but, to no avail, the cam is still dead at the moment. What should I do? I am desperately looking for answers and I have scoured the whole internet but still nothing has ever helped me. If anyone can help me in here I would really appreciate it. Grazie!

    ReplyDelete